Monday, December 17, 2007

End of Semester Drawing Time

Fall semester is over and it's a crazy feeling. I went out today and did some biking up at Alafia State Park and stopped for some sketching on the way home. Laid back!! What a glorious feeling!!Alafia is way the heck up north and in the middle of nowhere. This little gas station is right next to the trails and reminded me of back home in Ohio - except with palm trees and orange groves all around it. It was called the Picnic Grocery.

By the time I got back to Sarasota the sun was already setting. It seemed too nice out to just quit and go inside so I pulled into the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center and busted this out real quick. The awkward colors are due in part to my poor sense of color theory, and also to the sun setting at a record pace. So it's got some freaky colors.
I hope to be seeing the Van Wezel again real soon at graduation!! But not too soon - time is flying back at a nasty pace!! Gotta slow down!

X O X O X O